Cellular Calling Mode is a feature available on iPhone and Android 3.0 for outgoing calls, which enables users to send the audio portion of the call through their voice channel, as opposed to voice going through the data channel. For users who have experienced instability on long calls and disconnects (or WiFi connectivity issues), enabling this feature may help resolve these issues.
If this feature is disabled, your calls will be placed as they previously were through the InnoCaption app.
To enable/disable Cellular Calling Mode
- Open your InnoCaption App
- Tap Settings
- Tap InnoCaption Features
- Tap Cellular Calling Mode
- Tap to select either Enable or Disable
- Tap Done
To place a call Using Cellular Calling Mode
- Dial the number or select the contact you wish to call
- Tap the Call icon
- Tap "Call+1 (804) 255- 1234"
Note: This does NOT mean that the other party will see this 804 number as the inbound caller. Our server will route it to show your cell phone number, your InnoCaption number or no number, according to your outbound Caller ID setting.
- Tap the "Click here to view captions" pop up banner on the top of your screen. This will take you to the captions screen.
NOTE: This feature will not work if your iOS is set to Do Not Disturb and under Setting you have selected Silence-> Always. Notifications must be enabled for the banner to appear.
NOTE FOR ANDROID: If you have set InnoCaption to be the default calling app on your cell phone, there will be an additional step to place your first call over CCM. You will need to allow permission for the audio to be transmitted over Phone while using Innocaption for the feature to work. The banner shown below will appear at the top of the screen after you dial the call. Tap Allow to proceed with the call. This will only happen on your first call over CCM:
Then, the normal screen will appear. Tap Speaker to hear the audio over speakerphone, and tap the banner at the top of the screen to view captions.
Will Cellular Calling Mode use minutes on my phone?
Yes, when you place an outgoing call using Cellular Calling Mode, your minutes will be used because the call is being sent out using your native voice line.
Why can't I find Cellular Calling Mode as an option on my device?
- Cellular Calling Mode is not available on phones and tablets that do not have a SIM card, even if they are running app version 2.0 on iPhone/iPad or 3.0 on Android.
- If you are using the same InnoCaption number on multiple devices, you will only be able to use Cellular Calling Mode on the device you are using that has the regular number registered to your InnoCaption account.
If you have any questions about this feature, please reach out to our support team at: email@example.com