All InnoCaption users are assigned a personal InnoCaption phone number upon registration. Any calls made to or from this number are captioned by the InnoCaption app. You are free to give this new number out to your contacts for captioned calls.
If you would like to continue using just your existing cell phone number instead, you can do so by using InnoCaption’s automatic call forwarding and caller ID functions. When used together, you can effectively continue to use your regular phone number. Automatic call forwarding enables you to redirect all calls sent to your regular phone number to your InnoCaption number, allowing people to continue calling your regular phone number. Caller ID allows your existing cell phone number to be displayed on the recipient’s phone screen when you call them on the InnoCaption app - so they will know you are calling them. Please follow the steps below to set up automatic call forwarding and caller ID.
To set up automatic call forwarding
- Find the correct forwarding instructions for your wireless provider by clicking here
To set up caller ID
- Open the InnoCaption app
- Select Settings
- Select InnoCaption Features
- Select Outbound Caller ID
- Please select from the following options:
- My InnoCaption Number: if you select this option, call recipients will see your InnoCaption number when you call
- My Cell Number: if you select this option, call recipients will see your existing cell phone number when you call
- Blocked: if you select this option, call recipients will not see a number appear when you call
- Select the option which best meets your needs
- Click Done