All InnoCaption users are assigned a personal InnoCaption phone number upon registration. Any calls made to or from this number are captioned by the InnoCaption app. You are free to give this new number out to your contacts for captioned calls.
If you would like to continue using just your existing cell phone number instead, you can also do so by using InnoCaption’s automatic call forwarding and caller ID functions. When used together, you can effectively continue to use your regular phone number. Automatic call forwarding enables you to redirect all calls sent to your regular phone number to your InnoCaption number, allowing people to continue calling your regular phone number. Caller ID allows your existing cell phone number to be displayed on the recipient’s phone screen when you call them on the InnoCaption app - so they will know you are calling them. Please follow the steps below to set up automatic call forwarding and caller ID.
To set up automatic call forwarding
- Find the correct forwarding instructions for your wireless provider and device by clicking here
To set up caller ID
- Open the InnoCaption app
- Select Settings
- Scroll to the [InnoCaption Service] section
- Select My Caller ID
- Please read below to determine the caller ID option most suited to you
- If My InnoCaption Number is selected, call recipients will see your InnoCaption number when you call
- If My Cell Number is selected, call recipients will see your existing cell phone number when you call
- If Blocked is selected, call recipients will not see a number appear when you call