If you are experiencing issues receiving inbound calls while still being able to make outgoing calls, we recommend that you restart your device, then reactivate the InnoCaption app and finally reset your router if you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. If the issue still persists, please try turning off your Wi-Fi connection and switching to a cellular data network (LTE or 5G) as this often eliminates connectivity issues that may result from router settings, firewall protections or other internet settings.
- Restart your phone. To do this, press and hold the power button, then select Power Off. Wait one minute then turn the phone back on by holding the power button again
- Reactivate the InnoCaption app. This process is slightly different between iPhone and Android. For step by step graphics on how to reactivate, click here: How to reactivate the app
To reactivate the InnoCaption app on iPhone:
1. Go to InnoCaption keypad and tap Settings
2. Tap InnoCaption Features
3. Tap Reactivate App
4. Tap Reactivate Now
5. You will be taken back to your keypad, where you will see the confirmation message "Activated" at the bottom of the screen.
To reactivate the InnoCaption app on Android:
- Go to InnoCaption keypad and tap Settings
- Click on Retry Activation
- Click on Yes (Android)
- You will be taken back to your keypad, where you will see the confirmation message "Activated" at the bottom of the screen.
To refresh your router connection
- Unplug your router’s cord from the wall
- Plug the cord back in
- Wait 1-2 minutes until all the lights are back up
To switch your phone’s internet connection from Wi-Fi to cellular
- Go to device settings from your phone’s home screen
- Look for Wi-Fi and turn the setting off
- Confirm your phone still has a cellular network connection by looking for the signal bars at the top right of the screen
How to turn off WiFi on iPhone
How to turn off WiFi on Android
If the issues persist after following all of the above steps, please contact support@innocaption for assistance and additional troubleshooting.