Thanks for your interest in our service! To get started with captioned calls through InnoCaption, you will need to register an account and download the InnoCaption app on your phone.
As a reminder, InnoCaption is free of charge for eligible users who are deaf or hard of hearing and want to use their own voice to talk, but need assistance in understanding the other party. Please note that although we do not require a signed statement from a doctor or audiologist, during the registration process we must obtain certain personal information from you for identity verification purposes (such as the last four digits of your social security number). This is required for FCC compliance purposes as our service is funded by the FCC’s Telecommunications Relay Services fund.
To register for an InnoCaption account
- Navigate to www.innocaption.com
- Click on the blue REGISTER button on the top right corner
- Enter your cell phone number and hit CONFIRM
- An authentication code will be sent to your mobile device. Enter the number in the box provided and click SUBMIT CODE
- Enter the user information requested in the boxes provided and click NEXT
- Enter the address information requested in the boxes provided and click CHECK YOUR ADDRESS, then hit NEXT when the address has been confirmed
To download the app (iPhone)
- Navigate to the App Store and click the bottom right magnifying glass icon
- Click on the Search Bar at the top of the page
- Type in “InnoCaption”
- Click on the GET button on the InnoCaption listing and follow the instructions to download
To download the app (Android)
- Navigate to the Google Play store and click on the Search button
- Type in “InnoCaption”
- Click on the InnoCaption logo
- Click the Install button and follow the instructions to download
After you download the app, be sure to open the app and enter your cell phone number and password (provided by you during the registration process) to activate the app. When you first activate the app, you will be asked to grant a series of permissions (access to your contacts, access to your location, access to your microphone, allow notifications). Please be sure to allow these permission requests so the app can function properly.
Once the app is activated, you can go to the InnoCaption app’s Keypad to place your first captioned call!
After you have completed the steps above, if you would like more information on the basic features of the InnoCaption app, please refer to the article here.