InnoCaption allows you to view captions on your cell phone while sending the call audio to a landline device for outbound calls. This feature is great for individuals who are hard of hearing that may want to use a landline telephone or conference speakerphone for longer calls, group calls or for better audio quality.
This feature can be found under the InnoCaption app settings as "Your Other Phone for Voice". Once this feature is set up, each time you make an outgoing call, you will have the option to choose a saved landline phone number to forward the call audio to (you also have the option to keep the call on your cell phone). When you choose the landline phone to forward to, that phone will ring. After picking up the landline phone you will be connected to the party you are trying to call. You will be able to hear and speak from the landline phone while using the InnoCaption app to read the captions. You can set up more than one landline phone to be used with the "Your Other Phone for Voice" feature.
To set up Your Other Phone for Voice
- Open the InnoCaption app
- Select Settings
- Scroll to the [Dialer] section
- Select Your Other Phone for Voice
- To add a landline phone for call audio forwarding either:
Select a number from your Contacts by tapping on +Add
Enter a number directly by tapping the Edit button (pencil icon to the right)
- Make a test call. When you press the Call button from the keypad, you will be asked to confirm whether you would like the audio forwarded to another device, tap Yes
- Tap the saved landline phone number you would like the call forwarded to
Note: Please make sure you are close enough to the forwarded phone to be able to pick it up
- When the other phone rings, pick it up within 10 seconds, otherwise the call will continue on your cell phone
- Once the call is connected you can speak and listen through your landline phone while reading captions on your cell phone through the InnoCaption app!
To disable this function, remove the forwarding numbers by tapping the Trash (iPhone) or X (Android) button next to each of the saved numbers.