Users will occasionally come up against some issues using the InnoCaption app. The most common technical issues users experience include audio issues, such as not being able to hear the caller's voice or vice versa, hearing garbled sound, static, an echo, or robotic sounds. The issues also include the app being unresponsive, and seeing a spinning sign or a "wait for ready" message that won't go away.
These issues can usually be resolved by restarting your phone or router. Generally, home wifi routers and modems need to be rebooted once in a while to resolve buffering and delay issues.
For any technical or connectivity issues you experience with the InnoCaption app, we highly recommend you take the following steps:
- Restart your phone. To do this, press and hold the power button, then select Power Off. Wait one minute then turn the phone back on by holding the power button again
- Reactivate the InnoCaption app. To do this, open the InnoCaption app and go to Settings. click on Retry Activation. When you see the pop-up, click on RE-TRY (iPhone) or Yes (Android)
Try placing a test call to see if your issues have been resolved. If not, you may also be facing issues due to an unstable internet connection. To resolve this issue, please try making a call using cellular data connection (instead of your home Wi-Fi) and/or try restarting your Wi-Fi router using the steps below:
- To refresh your router connection
- Unplug your router’s cord from the wall
- Plug the cord back in
- Wait 1-2 minutes until all the lights are back up
Try placing another test call to see if your issues have been resolved. If not, disconnect from Wi-Fi to see if you can complete a call through cellular data, using the steps below:
To switch your phone’s internet connection from Wi-Fi to cellular
- Go to device settings from your phone’s home screen
- Look for Wi-Fi and turn the setting off
- Confirm your phone still has a cellular network connection by looking for the signal bars at the top right of the screen
How to turn off WiFi on iPhone
How to turn off WiFi on Android
If the issues persist after following all of the above steps, please contact support@innocaption for assistance and additional troubleshooting.