InnoCaption allows you to view captions on your cell phone while sending the call audio to a landline device for outbound calls. This feature is great for individuals who are hard of hearing that may want to use a landline telephone or conference speakerphone for longer calls, group calls or for better audio quality.
This feature can be found under the InnoCaption app settings under "Audio to Landline." Once this feature is set up, each time you make an outgoing call, you will have the option to choose a saved landline phone number to forward the call audio to (you also have the option to keep the call on your cell phone). When you choose the landline phone to forward to, that phone will ring. After picking up the landline phone, you will be connected to the party you are trying to call. You will be able to hear and speak from the landline phone while using the InnoCaption app to read the captions. You can set up more than one landline phone to be used with this feature.
To set up Audio to Landline
- Open the InnoCaption app
- Click Settings
- Click InnoCaption Features
- Click Advanced Features
- Click Audio to Landline
- Swipe the slider to Enabled
- Add a landline phone for call audio forwarding by tapping +Add Phone Number and selecting From Contacts or Make New Contact
- Make a test call from the keypad. When you click the call icon, you will be asked if you would like the call audio forwarded to another device. To confirm, click Yes
- Click the saved landline phone number you would like the call audio forwarded to
Note: Please make sure you are close enough to the forwarded phone to be able to pick it up
- When the other phone rings, pick up the call within 10 seconds. Otherwise, the call will continue on your cell phone
- Once the call is connected, you can speak and listen through your landline phone while reading captions on your cell phone through the InnoCaption app!
To disable this function, swipe the slider in Step 6 above to Disabled