Cellular Calling Mode is a feature available for outgoing calls. It enables users to send the audio portion of the call through their voice channel, as opposed to their data channel. For users who have experienced instability on long calls and connectivity (or disconnecting) issues, enabling this feature may help resolve these issues.
To Enable/Disable Cellular Calling Mode
- Open your InnoCaption App
- Click Settings
- Click InnoCaption Features
- Click Advanced Features
- Click CCM
- Select Enable
- Click Done
To disable this function, select Disable in Step 6 above. If this feature is disabled, your calls will be placed as they previously were through the InnoCaption app.
To place a call Using Cellular Calling Mode
- Enter the desired number or select the contact you would like to call
- Click on the call icon to place your call
- Click "Call +1 (804) 255-1234"
Note: This does NOT mean that the other party will see this 804 number as the inbound caller. Our server will route it to show your cell phone number, your InnoCaption number or no number, according to your outbound Caller ID setting
- Click the "CLICK HERE TO VIEW CAPTIONS" pop-up banner at the top of the screen. This will take you to the caption screen
NOTE for iOS users: This feature will not work if you have Focus (iOS 15) or Do Not Disturb (iOS 14 and earlier) mode enabled on your phone.
Note for Android users: If your default phone app is set to InnoCaption, you will need to allow permission for the audio to be transmitted over the phone. After you place your call, you will see the banner shown below at the top of the screen. Click Always to proceed with the call.
Then, your phone dialer's screen will appear as usual. Click the Speaker icon to hear the audio through the speakerphone and the "CLICK HERE TO VIEW CAPTIONS" pop-up banner at the top of the screen. This will take you to the caption screen.
Will Cellular Calling Mode use minutes on my phone?
Yes. When you make an outgoing call using Cellular Calling Mode, the call is being sent out through your native voice line.
Why can't I find Cellular Calling Mode as an option on my device?
- Cellular Calling Mode is not available on phones and tablets that do not have a SIM card
- If you are using the same InnoCaption number on multiple devices, you will only be able to use Cellular Calling Mode on the device that has a SIM card
If you have any questions about this feature, please reach out to our support team at: email@example.com