The InnoCaption app has a reactivation feature that resets the app's connection with our server. This oftentimes resolves many minor connection issues that may be experienced from time to time. Below are instructions and step by step graphics on how to reactivate.
To reactivate the InnoCaption app
Before trying the steps below, please be sure to restart your device by turning off the power completely OFF and ON.
- Open the InnoCaption app
- Tap Settings
- Tap InnoCaption Features
- Tap Reactivate App
- Tap Reactivate Now
- You will be taken back to your keypad, where you will see the confirmation message "Activated" at the bottom of the screen
After reactivating the app, try placing a test call to see if your issues have been resolved. If not, you may also be facing issues due to an unstable internet connection. To resolve this issue, please try making a call using cellular data connection (instead of your home Wi-Fi) and/or try restarting your Wi-Fi router using the steps below.
To switch your phone’s internet connection from Wi-Fi to cellular data
- Go to device settings from your phone’s home screen
- Look for Wi-Fi and turn the setting off
- Confirm your phone still has a cellular network connection by looking for the signal bars at the top right of the screen
To refresh your router connection
- Unplug your router’s cord from the wall
- Plug the cord back in
- Wait 1-2 minutes until all the lights are back up
If you are still not able to successfully place a call over wifi or cellular data after following the above steps, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.